We recently traveled to a Getaway House in Larue, Texas (the Piney Woods location) a few weeks ago and it did not disappoint! It was a much needed getaway to unplug and recharge our busy lives. From relaxing in the tiny container cabin, to listening to the sounds of nature, to countless trail walks, to cooking by the camp fire, my hubby and I loved every second of it!
Getaway house has many locations in different states (and they are opening up new locations too), and we went to one that was closest to Dallas. It was about two hours away and the best part was we got to take Maple! They allow pets during your stay, how awesome is that?!
Here’s what to know before staying at Getaway House:
How Do You Book Getaway House? Was The Check-In and Check-Out Process Easy?
Booking with Getaway house is very easy! Head to the Getaway House Website, search for the cabin location which is closet to where you live, select your dates and book. They make the process seamless and all digital!
As for the check-in process, there were no hiccups at all! Check-in is at 3PM and they let us know ahead of time what cabin name we were staying in and they also sent us a code that opens up the lock! They will also send you a map of the complex to easily find your cabin. Everything was communicated by text/email and it made it all stress free. Once we were ready to check out, we cleaned up after ourselves and headed home. Check out is at 11AM!
What Did We Bring to Getaway House?
Getaway House had all of the essentials we needed for our stay! All of the cabins include:
- Bed Linens and Pillows
- Air Conditioner and Heat
- Two-Burner Stove Top, Mini Fridge, Mugs, Pots and Pans, Silverware, Cookware Utensils, Salt and Pepper, Paper Towels, Aluminum Foil
- Fire Pit and Grill Grate
- Bathroom Towels, Bath Mats, Shampoo, Conditioner, and Body Wash
- Trash Can with Extra Bags
*For a complete list you can check out their website here.
Here is what we brought from home:
- Food and Drinks
- Cast Iron Pan
- Dog Food and Bowls
- A Fan (It can get hot in the summertime)
- Clothing (Comfy Clothes, Hiking Gear, Athletic Clothes, Waterproof Jacket)
What Is There To Do At Getaway House?
There are plenty of things to do at Getaway House!
- Make s’mores by the campfire
- Take trail walks with your pup
- Relax, reset, and enjoy the sounds of nature
- Read a book
- Play card games
- Explore Cedar Creek Lake (~35 minute drive)
- Hike Beaver Slide Nature Park (~40 minute drive)
Are Pets Allowed At Getaway House?
Yes!! I think that’s the best part. Maple loved every second of staying at the Getaway House and enjoyed the nature and all the trail walks she got. She got to smell new smells, and play outdoors all weekend with us!
Did You Feel Safe At Getaway House?
Yes, we felt very safe at our location. You are not alone! There are many other getaway houses right by the cabin we stayed in so we were not the only ones at the location (there’s about 40 other getaway houses at the Texas location). Each house has its own space around it too. We were able to see the getaway house next to ours but they were pretty far away through the trees.
Easy Peach Cobbler Campfire Recipe
- 2 Cans of Peaches (you can substitute apples if you are wanting an Apple Cobbler)
- Vanilla Cake Mix
- Aluminum Foil
- Cast Iron Pan
- Put aluminum foil inside the cast iron pan.
- Pour both of the cans of peaches (or canned apple) and mix around.
- Add the cake mix on top.
- Let it cook over the campfire until the top is golden brown, and enjoy!
I cannot recommend Getaway House enough! If your looking for a quick getaway, a romantic couple getaway, or just want unplug from the world, Getaway House is perfect! We had such a fun trip and we plan to go back again.
Would you stay at this Cabin? Let me know in the comments below!
**Thank you Getaway House for hosting our stay. All of the opinions and reviews I have written are of my own.